Thursday 3 May 2012

A sunny end to a dull day

.
.
.
.

Being stranded indoors for most of the weekend I was pleased when the sun came out midday Sunday. I decided on a ride to Sandwich to try and see the elusive Short Eared Owls that have been around for a while, I thought that they may take advantage of the dry and hunt.  However on the way I called into the elms and immediately made contact with a stunning male Pied Flycatcher.  This is a cracking bird that I have seen lots of times in Wales but never in Kent.  Whilst here I was made aware that there was in fact two birds although I only saw one,  but great views I had.  I moved on for the Owls but had no joy again, one did show just before I arrived, but must have gone to ground. I returned Tuesday to try my luck again,  no owls  but a Kestrel was obliging for the camera

2 comments:

The Broadstairs Birder said...

Fantastic Flycatcher photographs, Tim.

Mike H said...

Some great shots Tim and if I had not gone up the clifss at Dover may have seen a lifer at Sandwich.But then I wouldn't have seen the Peregrine or Fulmar....choices eh!